Sunday, January 25, 2009

Justin...NOW!


Okay, so I'm feeling a little lacking of patience (what's new??). I know how people say that Military Wives are so strong and don't complain and just take these times of separation in stride...but apparently I am not one of them right now. But that's okay, I like to go against the grain most of the time anyway. You know, with getting married young, moving across the country, among many other things, I guess it just comes with my territory to not fit in with the stereotypes. So, that means that I'm going to be the one to complain. So, here it goes: I want my husband back and I want him back now! Well, that felt good. A little childish...but good. He was supposed to come back Tuesday, but I'm now hearing Wednesday. I guess one more day isn't that bad. But when the man is only going to be home for 3 weeks, that one more day matters. Because after that, the dang boy will be gone on deployment...possibly up to 6 months if he extends in the Navy (we will see if that happens or not). And we have lots to do when he is home. Besides celebrating his 22nd Birthday and our 7th Valentine's Day, we have to do a lot of job searching for him, trips to the Reserve Recruiter, people we need to visit with, church events, and above all, spending some nice quiet time together.

So, I've been preparing for the 3 week extravaganza (I like that our marriage is measured in short bursts of chaos...but soon that will just be a past memory!), by shopping (yes to $160 on groceries at the Commisary), redecorating (poor Justin is not even going to recognize this pace between all the new throw pillows, new plants, and new canvas print), and reorganizing (too bad I moved all his stuff! Yikes!). So the spring cleaning (or late Winter cleaning?) is complete, and I feel very rejuvinated. So, I'm hoping these next few days will go by quick so I can enjoy everything with my husband...the love of my LIFE!

BLAH! Can you tell by the way I wrote this blog that I'm feeling a little mumble-jumbled, impatient, crazy, and a little off my rocker? Well if so, your assumptions are COMPLETELY correct... Sheesh.

2 comments:

Kayla Noelle said...

I can't imagine how hard the distance is, but i do know that you are strong and will push through it and i am quite glad you have a blog to help. I love you doll face.

K said...

everybody is entitled to a complaint or confession! And honesty is always refreshing. I hope you two are having an amazing start to your cherished 3 weeks!