Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Day to Create...Finally

Okay, so I finally got around to create my inspiration Journal that I have been wanting to make...especially since one of my resolutions for 2009 is to actually keep an Inspiration Journal. So first off, I should give credit to those that inspire me: Donna Downey and Amy Butler. I actually got the idea of Inspiration Journals from Donna Downey and have made a few just like hers, but I felt that I need more pages than the design she uses for my personal journal. Also, I love every single fabric that Amy Butler designs. So, I got so excited this Christmas when I found some of her fabrics under the tree! (Thanks Mom!). So, this is how the process went:

Some great Amy Butler Fabrics

My New Brother Sewing Machine (compliments of my Mother!)

A plain journal that I "borrowed" from Justin (yikes!)

The cute fabric stitched and ready to go

A home-made button



And ta-da! An Inspiration Journal. I just love the cute little yellow ribbons and the fun Midwest Modern colors. Now...time to be inspired and fill this baby up! Just like Donna Downey says: Live a Life Inspired!

Oh, and by the way, I also turned in an application today to Starbucks, got my oil changed, and did Pilates! PHEW! I'm feeling productive :)

1 comment:

K said...

I love the journal! I want to make one of my own sooo bad! And Amy Butler for christmas? What a perfect gift idea!