Friday, January 9, 2009

Eggplant...

So, I tried eggplant for the first time tonight...and I cannot decide if I like it! Justin and I eat zucchini ALL the time, and I guess I was just expecting it to taste exactly like zucchini...but, it doesn't! And I can't tell if I like it. I ate all that I prepared, but I just don't know. Its like sweet, but peppery, and some other taste I can't put my mouth on. I prepared similarly to how I saw it done on Rachel Ray: Grilled like a steak, topped with other yummies (I did my favorite marinara sauce, and sauteed mushrooms), and then topped with fresh parmesan and mozzerella...and then zapped under the broiler to melt the cheese. Lots of yummy flavors, but I just can't tell if I like it. I'll have to cook it for Justin once he is home to see what he thinks. Does anyone have any good recipes for eggplant?

1 comment:

K said...

I didnt grow up eating eggplant either but this recipe is so easy and delish it won me over!

http://sweetandsaucy.wordpress.com/2008/04/17/eggplant-rollatini/

I also like this one for a low-cal alternative to lasagna:

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/eggplant-parmesan?autonomy_kw=baked%20eggplant&rsc=header_6