Saturday, December 19, 2009

Tis the Season!

Wow! How wonderful it feels to be DONE DONE DONE with this semester. Only one more to go and then I am DONE with my undergraduate degree! I have only been out of school for about 4 days and have already baked blackberry scones, pumpkin muffins, vanilla sandwich cookies with chocolate fudge filling, a delicious caramelized onion pasta and on to a shrimp orzo for dinner tonight. Man it feels good to have time to cook!

We are SUPPOSED to get snow tonight, but being so close to the ocean doesn't always allow that to happen. It is 34 degrees out so I hope we do get some. Justin and I took a drive North to find some snow with Ellie all tucked away in my arms in her bright red festive sweater, but we only had rain freeze on our car. No snow. Sigh. But, we are home now and got laundry going and candles lit and the lights on our Christmas tree. This really is my favorite time of year. Tomorrow I am having some girls over for tea and scones/muffins and to decorate Christmas cookies. Tonight, I will hopefully get to some reading or painting. We will see what way I decide to go.

Nevertheless, I am blessed this Holiday Season and am so thankful for what I have!

No comments: