Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday...

Alright, so it 9:23 in the morning, East Coast time. I've been up since 5:45, showered, took J to work, went to class, and am now on my break working on a public computer instead of my adored Macbook because why? Oh, well maybe because my computer CRASHED! Yes, thats right. The Mac that cost me over a grand is now in capoots as I say. The poor piece of technology has an appointment tomorrow at the Genius Bar in our local Mac store, so hopefully they can help bring the computer back to life. Otherwise, we lost over 4000 pictures, a music collection that has taken over 5 years to create, and all of my important documents that I need. And I'm sure you're asking why I don't have any of that stuff backed up? Well, Justin's birthday is tomorrow and ironically I bought him an external hard drive so we could backup all of our stuff (music, pictures, etc). Funny that the computer crashed two days before the gift was given. And to top it all off, if the computer is dead, we must find the money to purchase another one. Does anyone have a $1000 laying around?? Lovely. And even more fitting is that I was just about to pay off an ENTIRE credit card, which would leave us only one credit card to deal with. I guess that won't be happening for a while. My mom laughed at the situation and said: Well hun, thats just life. Your father and I have been trying to get ahead for the last 25 years, and as soon as we get in a position to pay something off, something happens. Oh how I love married life. Well, I do love married life, so ignore the past sarcasm. But I miss the ease of paying my credit card off every month and not having bills. But unfortunately, things happen and debt is created. So, wish us and my dear computer luck tomorrow with the "Geniuses" at Mac. I'm trying to think optimistic, but from what I've heard about the problem that the computer is having the outcome is not the best.

2 comments:

Kayla Noelle said...

Good luck Macy Mac

K said...

OMG! What the census? Is your computer going to come back to life? I dont know what I would do if mine crashed...it would be a serious melt down! Good Luck!