Friday, February 27, 2009

How Long Has It Been?

Its been a while I say since I have posted in my blogger world. I'm starting to get settled with the fact that Justin is gone on deployment. It has been a week now and I think I have another 3 months to go. Lovely. I've been really busy with school and am actually flying back to California March 6th to be with family for my spring break. And then, my lovely cousin Samantha is coming for a week towards the end of March to celebrate my 21st! Oh Dear, good times ahead I am sure. It will help break up the time when the man of my dreams is out to sea fighting for our country. I have only heard from him once this entire a week...a short quick email. So, at least I know he is alive. He is working really long hours (16-18 hrs a day I think?!) and is on nights, so he is exhausted. Check out the pictures below to see the mighty IKE leaving on deployment...along with the 6000 sailors on board.





I think the hardest part was listening to the national anthem while all the sailors manned the rails of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower. The images make me so proud. I miss you sailor.

1 comment:

K said...

WoW! I dont know how you do it! I would be so emotional crazy all the time...and I KNOW I would have cried for sure listening to that national anthem. you are such a strong wife!
on a different note...I am so excited you are comming home to visit! cant wait to see you!